If I suffer damages by an unregistered / uninsured vehicle how can I receive my compensation?

You will receive your compensation directly from Generali. The fault of the uninsured driver must be proven, by a public document (for example, the Police Incident Report or the legal prosecution case-file).

If the uninsured driver does not wish to involve the Police, they will have to fill-in and sign a Formal Declaration, according to which they accept the responsibility for the accident.

To activate the compensation process:

  • The accident must have occurred within the Greek Territory
  • The characterization of the uninsured vehicle must be proven by an official Public document (Excerpt of Traffic Accident Certificates)
  • The driver of the uninsured vehicle should be the solely responsible for the accident