FAQ: BUSINESS INSURANCE
Here, you will find some of the most frequently asked questions about our Business Insurance and Group Insurance. If you would like to find out more, please contact you insurance agent or one of the Generali Sales Offices.
Businεss Dynamic Plus
How am I covered in case of natural disaster?
In case of natural disaster, such as flood, storm, thunderstorm, snowfall, frost or hail, we cover the costs for the material damages and the expenses required for the pumping of water from your home.
In addition, with the “Natural Catastrophe Response” service, we activate a set of services in case of a major catastrophic event, thus reducing time and bureaucratic procedures. More specifically, through our network of specialized partners, you can register the damages immediately, 24 hours a day, receive advance payment to begin the repair work and to be able pay for hotel accommodation and psychological support.
What if my business cannot operate because of damages incurred?
In this case, Generali gives you a daily allowance for each day that the insured business remains non-operational, following damages incurred. on your needs.
In the event that the damage concerns loss of money, what is provided by the program?
Financial transactions are part of the daily operations of every business. To ensure your future, we cover the loss of money, checks, bills and bills of exchange due to:
- Theft/ Robbery from the Safety Deposit Box and Cash Register
- Robbery during transport
What do I have to do in case of burglary?
- Contact the police immediately
- Report the burglary/ theft to Generali or your insurance agent
How can I receive my compensation for damages caused by fire?
- You have to report the incident to the Fire Department (199)
- You have to report it to Generali or your insurance agent
Does Generali cover me against earthquake damages?
Yes, but with the following conditions:
- The property was built after 1960
- The property was built in accordance to antiseismic guidelines
- The property has not been damaged by previous earthquakes
Can Generali cover me for the compensation I might have to pay, in the event that a client or a customer has an accident within the premises of my business, caused by reasons that can be attributed to me?
We cover you as long as your program includes the following covers:
- General Liability to cover your liability towards third parties for body injury, death or damages due solely to an act or omission on your part, from the operation of your insured business
- Employer Liability to cover the liability you have as an employer towards your employees, in the event of personal injury or death during the course of their work
What else does GPS offer?
Besides the easy management of the insurance covers and useful information, GPS gives you many discounts and offers:
- Free check-up in hospitals and diagnostic centers
- Special prices at diagnostic centers
- Special prices at a network of Physiotherapists
- Special prices for at-home hospitalization
- Discounts at optical stores for glasses and contact lenses
- Discounts at rehabilitation centers
- Discounts for in vitro fertilization
- Discounts at cosmetic medicine centers
Is GPS offered only by Generali? What is it exactly?
Yes. It is an innovation of Generali.
GPS is not an insurance program, but a free service, offered to all insured persons under a Generali group insurance program.
It is a service that has been designed to be user friendly, and facilitate all members of personnel manage their claims and insurance covers and find useful information. It can be accessed 24h a day, 365 days a year and it assures the best cost for the employer as well as the personnel.
What businesses are excluded from the GP group insurance programs?
- Already insured groups (transfer of insurance contracts cannot be made)
- Dangerous professions
- Armed Forces
- Sports teams and sports unions
- Associations and Unions
Can the payment for a GP policy be made in installments?
The payment of the premium for GP packages can only be annual or semiannual.
Can I make changes to a GP group insurance program or separate the personnel into sub groups?
The limits of the coverage of the GP programs cannot be changed. The selected program has to be the same for all members of the personnel. In other words, it is not possible to have different subgroups of personnel under one policy.
Who can be insured by the three programs, GP1, GP2, GP3?
Personnel of 18 years of age up to 70 years of age. Their dependents are also covered by the policies.
Dependents are defined as the spouse (up to 70yrs old) and the children (from 14 days old up to 19 years or 25 years old – if still in university and unmarried).
A completed health questionnaire form is necessary, for any member of the personnel to be included in the group insurance policy.
Who are the three insurance packages, GP1, GP2 and GP3, designed for?
The packages are available only to newly insured groups. A newly insured group is defined as a group that has not been insured for over a year. Minimum number of employees is ten and maximum number is 30, with no limitations in the number of dependents.
If the insured personnel is less than 10, for example 9, it is necessary to have 6 dependents, so the total number of persons reaches 15. In this case however the number of dependents cannot exceed the number of insured employees. The main insured persons cannot be less than 8.
Two or more businesses can be insured under the same contract if the legal representative is the same, and the field of business is the same. For example two restaurants, three bakeries, two clothes stores etc.