At Generali, we have designed insurance solutions for all your needs. See below, how you can take advantage of your insurance benefits.
PORTABLE ELECTRONIC DEVICES
What do I need to know about my insurance?
- The program is provided on newly acquired devices and is valid exclusively for the first year of life of the device. It is not possible to renew the program.
- The program covers the repair of your portable devices or your compensation, in case of damage we cover (Fire / lightning, theft after burglary, accidental screen / crystal breakage, accidental contact with water or other liquid).
- We repair the insured device through the network of collaborating repairers
- We compensate you in case your device is unrepairable or has been stolen from your home or vehicle.
- You contribute 20% to the repair costs of your device.
- If the device is unrepairable or it is unprofitable to repair it, we compensate you for the 80% of its purchase value.
What steps should I follow in case of damage?
Step 1: Choose how to inform Generali to make use of your insurance plan
Visit a Branch of the Network of Authorized Repairers (make your claim by informing the branch that you hold a Generali’s portable electronic devices policy).
Contact us (tel.: 210 8096100, e-mail: email@example.com), inform us about the incident and we will refer you to a Branch of the Network of Authorized Repairers of your choice.
Step 2: Deliver the device to the branch
The authorized repairer checks whether your insurance plan is in effect, and if you agree, proceeds with the repair process.
Step 3:Pick up your device
The authorized repairer informs you that the repair of your device is completed and you receive it immediately by paying the branch the amount of your contribution.
What should I do if my device is unrepairable or it is unprofitable to repair it?
Step 1: Pick up your device from the branch
The branch delivers the device back to you and informs you that you will be compensated from Generali.
Step 2: Deliver your device to Generali and give the IBAN number of your bank account for the deposit of the compensation amount
We contact you and ask you to deliver your device to Generali and inform us about the bank account where you wish to receive the compensation.
What should I do in case my device is stolen?
Contact us and inform us about the incident at 210 8096100. In order to proceed with your immediate compensation you must send us:
- Copy of the incident certificate from the Police Station where you reported the theft
- Photograph showing the traces of burglary of the residence or vehicle
- The IBAN number of your bank account for the deposit of the compensation amount
What does full boat insurance cover?
The full boat insurance package covers damages to your boat that may be caused by fire, theft, collision, impact from another boat and sea dangers.
What does the mandatory civil liability insurance for boats cover?
Civil liability protects you financially in case you have to compensate third parties for injuries, death, physical damage to other boats or ports, caused by you.
Is boat insurance mandatory by law?
According to law 2743/99 of the Greek State, all boat owners are obliged to insure their boats for Civil Liability.
What should I pay attention to, as a cyclist?
- According to the Highway Code, all bicycles should have lights and reflectors.
- All bicycles should have a bell.
- Cycling is prohibited in highways and high-speed motorways, thus your insurance policy does not cover you in this case. You should always use the appropriate bicycle routes.
How is the insured value of the bicycle defined?
The insured value of your bicycle is defined by its price and year of purchase.
The bicycle age percentage, which is subtracted from the original purchase price, is as follows:
0-3 years: 0%
3-5 years: 20%
5-7 years: 30%
7-10 years: 40%
Over 10 years: 50%
What do I do in case of an accident or damage?
You will need to call Accident Care by dialing 18112 (Greece) or 210 80 96 100 (from abroad), in order to receive instructions and advice from our partners. Accident Care services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, all over Greece.
Can I repair any damage to my bicycle without paying?
If you choose one of our contracted repair shops, you can repair your bicycle, with no payment.
How do I receive compensation, in case my bicycle is completely destroyed or stolen?
Generali offers you compensation for the insured value of your bicycle. You also have the option of replacement – with a bicycle of the same price and quality, in one of our contracted repair shops.
What types of bicycles can be insured?
Standard 2-wheel bicycles and electric bicycles, up to 250 watts.
Does the insurance cover anyone using my bicycle, with my consent?
Coverage is extended solely to the Insured Person, declared as the cyclist / user of the bicycle.
Does Cycle Way cover the theft of my bicycle from outdoor spaces?
Theft is only covered when the bicycle is stolen from the policy holder’s residence, store room or garage and only if the above spaces had been locked and have visible signs of a break-in.
Are the accessories of the bicycle covered from theft?
Parts and accessories are not covered. The policy covers only the Total Theft of the bicycle.