Tips & Info

At Generali, we are always by your side with comprehensive insurance programs and services to make you feel safe on every route. Below, you will find some useful information for your better assistance and guidance, in the event of damages to your vehicle or of an accident.

By your side 24/7

We are always by your side, with just one phone call at 210 8096100 or through the digital customer service platform, MyGenerali!

Incident Report

In the event of damages to your vehicle or an accident, call the Accident Care. You have two options:

  • Wait for the trained, authorized partner of Accident Assistance to record the incident, fill in the statement and collect all necessary documents or
  • Complete the process remotely, online, through “My eClaim”, thus significantly reducing your waiting time at the scene, provided that the conditions are met

My e-Claim

With the mobile app “My e-claim”, you can make a video call in case of an accident to report the incident and complete the accident declaration in 4 simple steps:

  • Call Accident Care at 210 8096100 and inform them regarding the incident
  • Receive a link via sms, to download the application to your mobile phone
  • Receive a video call through the application from the Generali representative with instructions to record the circumstances of the accident and the details of the drivers and vehicles involved
  • Check and accept the accident declaration through the mobile screen




Login the digital customer service platform “MyGenerali” and monitor the progress of your claim step by step.


What do I need to do in the event of accident or damage?

In the event of damages to your vehicle or an accident, you should:

  • Inform the police immediately (in case of accident, theft, fire etc.) and
  • Call Generali within eight (8) days from the moment the incident occurred

How can I have my car repaired without paying the repair shop?

You can go to any contracted auto repair shop that has special partnership with Generali, and repair your vehicle as soon as possible, with no payment. The only amount you will be asked to pay is the deductible amount stated in your policy (if there is one).

Generali will take care of the repair cost in direct communication with the repair shop.

What should I do if I am not to blame for the incident?

In this case, after reaching out to us to announce the incident, we will contact the insurance company of the vehicle involved: We will check whether there is acceptance of liability and if it participates in the Amicable Settlement System. In case of a positive answer, we will proceed with your compensation process immediately. If he does not accept the fault, we will inform you so as to contact the insurance company of the vehicle that is at fault for your compensation.

In case the insurance company of the involved party does not participate in the Amicable Settlement System, we will inform you, in order to contact this company for your compensation.

What is Amicable Agreement?

It is a formal agreement between insurance companies, through which the claims are processed by your insurer (if the accident was not caused by you) and are therefore processed much faster and with no further actions from your part. In order for the Amicable Agreement to be in force, both drivers have to fill in and sign the special form (Amicable Agreement Form) and forward their respective copy to their insurer

If I suffer damages by an unregistered / uninsured vehicle how can I receive my compensation?

You will receive your compensation directly from Generali. The fault of the uninsured driver must be proven, by a public document (for example, the Police Incident Report or the legal prosecution case-file).

If the uninsured driver does not wish to involve the Police, they will have to fill-in and sign a Formal Declaration, according to which they accept the responsibility for the accident.

To activate the compensation process:

  • The accident must have occurred within the Greek Territory
  • The characterization of the uninsured vehicle must be proven by an official Public document (Excerpt of Traffic Accident Certificates)
  • The driver of the uninsured vehicle should be the solely responsible for the accident

If I want to travel abroad by car, what do I have to do? What documents will I need?

In order to be able to drive abroad you will need to inform Generali Call Center at 210 8096100 or your insurance agent about your journey, its duration and the destination, in order to have a Green Card issued.

With a Green Card you will be covered for Civil Liability towards Third Parties, when driving abroad. You should contact us, in case you want to activate additional optional covers

If I add a trailer or a hitch to my vehicle what further actions do I have to take?

You have to register the trailer or hitch in the Ministry of Transport, so a special permit can be issued. Then you have to forward the permit to Generali, in order for the trailer/ hitch to be included in your policy.